Gone were the days when you had to include the conventional fireplace in your floor plan when building or remodeling a house. This is made possible by the introduction of the wall-mounted electric fireplace, which does not require gas or wood as fuel.
Electric fireplaces are easy to install and maintain. They are also safe, clean and do not require users to get special permits to own and use one. In addition, they look aesthetically pleasing since they imitate the appearance of a conventional fireplace, but they work by plugging it into a power outlet. An electric fireplace typically consumes 1.4 to 1.6 kWh when used as a heater, enough to heat a room as large as 400 sq ft.
Here are some of the benefits of using an electric fireplace:
- They are easy to install. Most models can be used right out of the box by plugging it into a power source.
- They come at lower prices than the other kinds of heater.
- Since the unit doesn’t actually burn anything to produce heat, it doesn’t pollute the air in your house or room. This is ideal for people with breathing and lung problems.
- You can put it anywhere in your home.
- This heater is said to be 99 percent energy-efficient.
- This is safe for households with pets and children.
- It doesn’t require a chimney or vent.
The Best Wall Mounted Electric Fireplaces
The model comes in a variety of sizes that have two heat settings, high and low. Each unit operates at 1500 watts, capable of heating a space with a size of up to 44 sq. ft. Aside from the heat, looking at the lifelike burning of crystal rocks or logs, feels soothing and relaxing.
- Nice design
- Adjustable display settings
- You can use it as an ornament if you don’t require a heater
- Efficient in distributing heat in small or medium rooms
- Motor is quiet but not totally silent
- Insufficient heating capacity for bigger rooms
It’s slim and one of the thinnest models of electric fireplaces available. You won’t find it hard to look for a space where you can have it installed. Installation is easy as well since it is not heavy nor bulky. It comes with a built-in fan responsible for dispersing heat. The unit is also user-friendly since it is operated through its tiny remote or its touchscreen control system.
- Decent flame design
- Good performance
- Built to last
- Comes with a clear manual
- It produces a bit of noise when turned on
- It doesn’t include a temperature sensor
The model is 50-inch wide and can heat a room with the size of 400 sq. ft. It has a countdown timer that you can set for half an hour to 9 hours before it automatically shuts off. The fireplace displays realistic flames coming from its high-intensity LED lights. You can set it as a display if you don’t need a heater and choose among its 4 settings for the colors of the flame.
- Adjustable heat and display settings
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Works well in small and medium rooms
- Silent motor when running but not totally quiet
- Inefficient when used at larger rooms
The good thing about electric fireplaces is that they don’t need a chimney or vent to work. There is no real flame, so it doesn’t produce smoke. The flame in the display may look realistic but is only created by the LED light installed inside the unit. However, if you don’t need a heater but want to get this kind of unit, you can get the models intended for display purposes without a heater.