Fireplace grates ensure free-flowing air in the fireplace while keeping an efficient fire. Since the logs are placed above the ashes, air can easily access the logs causing the hotter fire to burn longer.
You can get fireplace grates in a variety of sizes and features, including custom, extra tall, non-tapered, self-feeding, ember bed, and many more. The product can be made from stainless steel, steel, or cast iron.
Before buying, you must first get the accurate measurements of your fireplace, including the front, rear, depth, and height. Then, you will subtract 6 inches from the depth, rear width, and front width. The final dimensions are what you need to look for when choosing the size of your grate.
It utilizes patented vertical grates effective in keeping the fire burning without releasing smoke into your home. The design allows the embers to start at the grate’s bottom to control the fire from the burning logs gradually. The design makes it a self-feeding type, causing hotter but clean flames.
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Clean and strong fire
- Fewer risks of small logs from falling out of the fireplace
- No-smoke performance
- Effective in making a room warm
The grates are heavy-duty, so you don’t have to worry about the metal sagging from the weight of the logs. This will last long even when you use it every day. The product features wide bars that hold the ember and make it possible to burn all wood completely.
- Flexible pricing terms, making it affordable for its quality
- Keeps the log and wood in place while burning
- Burn wood slowly
- Perfect height to allow proper airflow
- Some users complain of coating issues
The product is made from premium solid steel, making it sturdy and long-lasting. It is safe and can be used in many wood-burning fireplaces. In addition, it has an ideal height for good air circulation leading to longer burning of wood with the heat getting distributed in your home.
- Can hold a bulk of logs or firewood
- Effective air circulation
- No assembly needed
- Comes with a lifetime guarantee
- The middle part may sag after a long time of use
This is the same brand that used to be known as Heritage Product. The grate improves the airflow in the fireplace. It is made from sturdy but light materials, so you can easily move the grate to clean the ash.
- Stable legs as long as they are properly placed
- Allows complete burning of the logs
- Can be used for small or medium fireplaces
- Rare sagging complaints
- Has the tendency to melt from concentrated wood burn
This product is a must-have for homeowners with fireplaces, especially during the cold season. By placing a grate in your fireplace, you will be assured of constant warmth without having to worry about an increase in your electricity bill.