One of the most overlooked parts of the home when it comes to cleaning is the window frames. The fact is that the longer you leave it untidy, the more filthy it will become. Your window frames gather dust particles each day due to weather fluctuations and pollution. Therefore, it is crucial that you clean it once a week or at least once a month.
Cleaning Dirty Kitchen Windows
First, ensure that you have the tools to start the task:
- A dry piece of cloth or pad
- A bucket of water with cleaning solutions or soap
- Microfiber cloth
- Long-handled brush or broom
Here are the steps toward a cleaner window, panes, and frames:
- Wipe off the dust. You can use a broom or a long-handled brush to remove the dust. If there is any dirt stuck, use a wet cloth to clean the part.
- Prepare your own cleaning solution. To make your task easier, you can mix water, soap, and a little vinegar and use the mixture to clean your windows. However, if the windows haven’t been maintained for long, buying a commercially available cleaning agent with a stronger solution is a better option.
- Mop the windows using a sponge from top to bottom.
- Clean the frames and edges of the window. You can use an old toothbrush or a vacuum cleaner to reach the edges.
- Rinse. Use a wet cloth to mop all parts of the window until everything is clean.
Make it a Habit
Clean your windows regularly and if you have drapes or curtains, wash them off as well on a regular basis. Windows and curtains accumulate dust, which makes your house untidy and exposes you to many health risks. In addition, the dust prevents proper airflow in the house and can also be damaging to health once inhaled.